Monday, January 7, 2013

Maniacal Mondays

Sis 1 here . . .

The weekend is over and Monday is here.  Oh joy, oh happy day, oh who the fuck am I kidding?  Mondays suck, but bring it on, Bitch.  Normally, I have a game plan going into work every day, but on Mondays, the game plan goes out the window.  There is no thoughtful email response, no research into cutting edge medical technology, no completing the checklist.  There is only stupidity.  That's right, stupid people doing stupid things, with predictably stupid outcomes.

The phone will ring off the hook and I will sit there and answer it, trying not to let the sarcasm come through in my tone. And you know, my voice is dripping with sarcasm. I will not tell the person at the other end of the phone line, that if they can access their email, they can access our website.  What's that you ask?  People will call all day long asking for proof of their coverage (aka insurance).  When I ask them if they've gone on line to obtain it, thinking maybe they had a problem accessing our website, they say things like, "I don't have time for that" or "I don't have internet access " and then proceed to request the damn thing be emailed to them.  WTF?!  My response to the first is, "Well, I don't have time to talk to dumbasses, but I'm doing it now." and to the second, "Are you fucking kidding me?"  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my job . . . no seriously, I really do.  I've been there for 22 years.  What I don't love is stupidity.  You can't fix stupid.

So, on this cold Monday morning, I'm loading up on caffeine, as if there is enough caffeine in the world to deal with Maniacal Mondays.  I will sit at my desk, and numbly or dumbly . . . take your pick . . . answer the phone and deal with stupid.  All. Fucking. Day. Long.

And with that, keep it #sassyandsarcastic . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment