Thursday, February 20, 2014

Jury Duty Completed

Sis 1 here  .  . .

Well, I finished with jury duty yesterday and a great time was had by all.  I was on for a total of five days . . . That's $80 just for showing up and I saved about $60 in gas because I didn't have to go to work.  Woot woot

The trial was not that big a deal, it was a DUI case.  There were two charges and we came back with a guilty verdict on one--impaired driving, but we couldn't reach and agreement on the second which was the determination of the actual blood alcohol content.  Unfortunately, there were some procedures that the police didn't follow--not horrible infractions, but enough to cause reasonable doubt in the minds of half the jury.  If there was only one small issue, it probably could have been overlooked, but there were several small issues that added up.  So, the second count was declared a mistrial.

I had a great time and the others on the jury were pretty cool for the most part.  As much as I've enjoyed the odd schedule the past few weeks, I'm ready to get back on schedule

Until next time, keep it #sassyandsarcastic . . . .

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got the opportunity to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too and the check came on Friday. Woo hoo!

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete